My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

boom earns her kibble

I was at my parents house watching CSI on tv with my dad. I hear Boom outside at our house barking and barking and barking.

I listened intently....
this was not the "Hi Bridget" or "Hi Buster" bark [the neighbors' dogs]
this was not her "hey there I see you human walking in the road" bark
[we live in a rural location so this is an uncommon thing]
it was more like her "THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG! VERY WRONG" bark

well the neighbor is running his swather on the crimson clover so mom thought it was that. I knew better. The sheep were all coming in because they listen to Boom [smart sheep but for them this was a false alarm] It was NOT a false alarm for the chickens though. I got the flashlight and started to walk over towards where she was facing, got to the chicken house and saw a skunk hop out of one of the nest-boxes and run out a hole in the back.

Well well...
so i went to investigate and sure enough the skunk had destroyed three eggs, but I was able to salvage more.

Boom saves the day and earns her kibble :)

1 Comments:

Blogger angrylilazngrl said...

yay for dogs! since we live in the city, duke doesn't do much to earn his food...no skunks or eggs to worry about here. he does alert me when i've dropped something on the kitchen floor while cooking but by that time i notice, usually it's gone and he has a big smile on his face...

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home