My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Bird Charmer

I had another bird encounter! I have taken to standing in mom's backyard quietly and letting the tree swallows fly by me. Then yesterday mom was in her garden and I said to her "Look there is one of those tree swallows I was telling you about" and I pointed one out. Then I noticed that another one was with in 15 feet of me and was talking up a storm so I stood there and made a noise back at it, a pathetic attempt at his language *smile* but all in the same! We stood there "talking" for a couple of minutes. I knew that he was talking to me because he would cock his little head when I would "talk" back at him and he would look me right in the eye when he twittered back. This went on until his friend, who was roosting on a near by fence post took off and then he followed. I felt like I was Lucy in The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home