My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Things are changing

My parents have decided they are done with farming. They want to lease out the majority of the farm and sell the animals. We are right now in negotiations [me and them] about giving me a section of land and some of the animals. Right now I will retain about 25 acres+, perhaps the big barn, the little chicken house, the hay barn and two loafing sheds and the new goat house. Also one or both ponds. I would like to retain both ponds and the cistern.

I am thinking about keeping 20[?] sheep, five goats, all my chickens, etc. I told my folks that they would have no financial responsibility for my animals and that we would cut the farm ties between us right there, except I would continue to raise the family beef. I have a lot of plans to make.... This is going to be so good for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger LisaQuing said...

Changes are hard! You have a great attitude! I'll pray things go smoothly and in God's will.

12:22 PM  
Blogger angrylilazngrl said...

i am glad that things look good for the future! i enjoy your blog so much. it gives me a real 'little house on the prairie' feeling. i'm still fighting epi with duke at my side. sometimes the list can be a sad place but there is always hope. duke's been s free for a month now, and i will be changing to homecook soon for both my sons. pats and wags-

liz

8:40 AM  
Blogger lindy said...

Lisa! thanks for the support
it is good to know you have my back.
huggles!
Lindy :)

12:14 AM  
Blogger lindy said...

Liz
How is Duke doing?
Thanks so much for encouraging me over this blog :) I really appreciate it.
Give the boys my love
hugs
Lindy

12:14 AM  
Blogger angrylilazngrl said...

haven't heard from your part of the world for a while. hope you are ok with the farm and the changes and stuff. duke is still fighting epi bravely every day and we still see the bastard s more often than we'd like but otherwise, we're keepin' on keepin' on....

1:09 PM  
Blogger lindy said...

LIZ!!
I have missed you!
Thanks for checking in... please check back in a few days because I have a ton of pictures I will be uploading. I just need to get them ready for uploading.

You and Duke hang in there. I hate that seizure monster!!! Give the boys my love
hugs
Lindy

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home