My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Sunday, February 26, 2006

whew! what a day!

sorry about the poor grammar and so on..... this is a C&P of an email to one of my groups... and I just do not have time to make it all "purdy" {I will spell check though *wink*}

~L~

I am so slammed right now. today I had seven ewes lamb! LOL I almost called Moe and her daughters to come and help me get them in, but I waited for a few hours [the weather is cool but not wet so they are fine :) ] and Boom and I herded them in :D awesome dog! [course she is still working on the long line] There was some confusion. One ewe was INSISTING that the cute oh so white baby girl was HERS and the boy was not lol but they all have it straightened out. I knew that they could not both have been hers lol because they were both singles [too big to be twins]. I have one ewe that just did not put on weight this year and she had a teeny baby boy and I was satisfied that she only had one earlier then about an hour ago I panicked and searched the field and I was right... there was just the one *whew!* Big responsibility being *in charge* of all these newborns! My ewes are so "laid back" with their parenting that I keep going out and waking up all the babies to be sure everyone has eaten and I am still trying to figure out which lamb goes to which ewe, but I think I am getting it. It was hysterical this morning! LOL I got up, checked the field and was satisfied that there were no babies born. I went to the house for my breakfast and came out to start chores at 9:30 [I was watching political shows on tv lol and was late] and I went out and there were ewes and babies all over the place! Every time I turned around there was another ewe with a baby. I was trying to get all the other animals fed so I could see what was going on... and one time I counted four ewes, then five, then seven! Then two of the ewes had twins ! And then my Mitzie ewe is out with the pregnant ewes... I thought she was done with just one lamb and she had another !! LOL ... no wonder I was having trouble figuring out what lamb belonged to what ewe! They were not done yet.

I got a new goat yesterday :) his name is Bremmer and he is a very tame neutered male and can be tied to eat brush. He is a real sweetie! I take him in at night and put him in the barn and out to "work" in the day when it is not raining :) with his water bucket. He is a real sweetie and is getting used to me.

In years past I had help from my parents with taking care of the animal. This year with my dad's health and all I am the sole person so it leaves me really limited right now considering I am hand feeding each animal on the farm until the grass comes in [we are having some warmer temps next week so maybe we can grow some grass :) so I am taking care of 2 horses 6 ponies, two big steers, three weanling steers, 10 goats + babies, three rabbits 30+ chickens, a whole bunch of farm cats lol, and all the sheep. Boy am I having fun!!!!

I made the remark today that I always want to run away to the mountains... then I though about it and said "That only seems true" the truth being all I really want to do is farm and run away to the mountains when I get some free time :) and that is coming soon.

take care I'll kiss the babies for you !!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lindy,

What a day you had.......all that running around. But what a marvelous way to witness God's creation working and working.

Glad you have Boomer. Now she will have many babies to look after once they get back out into the field where the grasser is greener....lol

4:46 PM  
Blogger LisaQuing said...

Keep up the good work, Lindy!!

Lisalas

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you need help call me and I'll come running! (if I can) MOE

2:57 PM  
Blogger angrylilazngrl said...

wow...what a great little zoo you have brewing. snuffles in the eye from duke and sonny....

3:43 AM  
Blogger angrylilazngrl said...

aw...haven't posted for a while these days, eh? i was hoping to see new farm developments and stuff! hope you and your zoo is well....

liz from EPK9 list

12:39 PM  
Blogger mauricehill23427085 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home