My Photo
Name:
Location: Pacific Northwest, United States

Friday, January 06, 2006

new beginning for a new year


this blog became about Buddy's illness and his death that followed.
As my life went on with out him, I left this blog behind because it seemed to define that place and time in my life.

there have been new beginnings and life has gone on.
I really do miss this blog and I am going to get back at it.

First of all I need to introduce KaBoom.
The last few days in October I received a call from my vet's office from one of the women who works there. She had found out about Buddy when I brought Grace in for her appointment. She had been part of rescuing a border collie female. This dog was not working out in her current home. I talked to the woman who had her and then came to get her a few days later. She has been with me for just over two months and she is doing fantastic. I am so happy to have her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lloyd Cobb said...

Glad that you are back. Sheeka and I have thought of you often. Buddies loss was terrible but now enough time has passed so you can "get on" with the rest of your life. KaBoom looks like the one to help you with get there.! I haven't written since because I too have had to pull myself up from terrible losses but when you have as many as I do, there is a lot of life, and death is a natural part of it . That is just hard to take tho', for me. --- As they say, "time is the great healer". Well, it's good to see that you are back. Happy New year and all that. Look forward to hearing from you as the year goes on. By the way, is that Buddies tree in the background of the picture? ---- So long for now, Lloyd and epi St. Bernard, Sheeka and the thirty some other orphans that live in the desert outside of Las Vegas a few miles from Death Valley.

8:50 AM  
Blogger lindy said...

Hi Lloyd
it was good to hear from you again.
That is not Buddy's tree, just another one here at the farm. I am sorry that you have had to deal with a loss at your end. It isn't easy, but it does get better with time. Give Sheeka and the gang a scratch or two for us here in the PNW :)

Yes, KaBoom is something else :)
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but I just figured this blog comment thing out *laughs*

Lindy

12:20 AM  
Blogger angrylilazngrl said...

hi lindy! i am glad you have decided to resume your blogging. i was wondering what was going on in your side of the world. i do enjoy reading about your life and zoo since it's so completely polar opposite to mine; it provides a little levity in my life! best to you and snuffles in the eye from duke and sonny- liz

1:07 AM  
Blogger Flora said...

KaBoom is a beautiful dog and I am so happy she found a place in your heart! Buddy will always continue living in his spot in your heart...KaBoom has a new place there. I will look forward to reading more of your blog! It's very nice!
Hugs!
http://wildflowermeadow.blogspot.com/

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home